Sunday 22 February 2015

Computer problems and projection new ideas

My pc hard drive isn't coping with the task of running Premiere and keeps crashing. I took it to the tech shop but it's too old and small to be able to add any significant memory so I need a new one.. They are quoting me for a custom one specially to run Photoshop and Premiere. Will take at least two weeks for them to build it. So I have a forced delay to think about how to present my ideas.
I've had thoughts about the projection. And what I'm trying to say. Am thinking about communication and transference between people and how it fails or is stifled. Thinking about the Victorian prison ethos of silence and isolation and the hoods or headpieces they were forced to wear which prevented them from seeing their fellow inmates. Thinking about Amnesty International and prisoners the world over who are imprisoned for speaking out. Freedom of speech. Words and ideas of paramount importance. Miscommunication. Eyes and mouth. Vision and speech.
Am making a canvas hood or headpiece. To be worn over the head, and be projected onto, eye or tongue enlarged onto the face space or back of the head. And also projections onto the body. Onto the back or side? And film it.

No comments:

Post a Comment