Wednesday 26 November 2014

My first experiments with Body morph videos

Body Morph 1





First video I made using a digital microscope:my magnified sensory organs: we don't just see or perceive with our eyes; phenomenologically we see with our whole bodies. Heidegger's notion of radiating into the universe: our body surface doesn't indicate our limits but the beginning of our interaction with the universe. I'm not happy with the linear format of the images and the focusing isn't very clear. 



Body Morph 2




Perceptions, sensations, structure of our reality. What does it mean to see? Not purely a visual thing: other senses also perceive. Second video I used a vignette effect in Premiere to create more circular images. Not entirely successful; can still see the square frame on some images.

Just discovered that if you view my blog videos on an ipad/ iphone they won't show up. Non apple is fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment